Celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Free League and Limithron bring you a tale of treacherous waters, mythical monsters, and limitless loot.
Ahoy, tabletop RPG enthusiasts! Free League Publishing, and game creator Luke Stratton, also known as Limithron, have launched a new RPG that merges pirate fantasy with cosmic horror—PIRATE BORG. Released to coincide with International Talk Like a Pirate Day, the game promises to send you on a whirlwind adventure where your cutlass and flintlock might not be enough to save you from skeletons, the Kraken, or even your mutinous crew.
What is PIRATE BORG?
PIRATE BORG is a spin-off of the critically acclaimed MÖRK BORG RPG and is now available via the Free League webstore, hobby stores globally, and as a PDF at DriveThruRPG. In this RPG, you become a filthy, greedy scoundrel who must loot, kill, and drink rum to survive the brutal world of pirating. Your journey will be riddled with raiding, plundering, and endless high-sea escapades as you vie for fame and fortune—or meet a watery grave.
The game comes packed in a 166-page book featuring:
- Eight Character Classes: Choose from a variety of roles to suit your plundering style.
- Naval Combat Rules: Simple yet detailed mechanics to decide the outcomes of ship-to-ship encounters.
- Stats for 18 Vessels: A wide range of ships to captain, from simple rowboats to grand galleons.
- 80+ NPCs & Monsters: Face a multitude of foes, including mythical creatures and disgruntled crewmates.
- 90+ System Agnostic Tables: For generating adventures, obstacles, and treasures.
- The Curse of Skeleton Point: A sandbox-style adventure set in eleven pirate-themed locales.