Think that the rulebook for an RPG needs to have hundreds and hundreds of pages and be really complex for all the different things players might get up to? Not so with SimpleQuest. It’s a complete d100 RPG within about 150 pages. The game is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
SimpleQuest is a short fantasy adventure roleplaying game. Within its 150 pages, it contains everything you need to play.
SimpleQuest is ideal if you want a short yet comprehensive D100 fantasy ruleset.
Last year I released OpenQuest, a simple, straightforward D100 Table Top Game, as an all-in-one book. SimpleQuest is a concise and compact version of that game, with a few extra rules to make it more pickup and play.
- Compact for travelling and viewing on phones/tablets
- Concise for straightforward fantasy games, one-shots and short campaigns.
The book weighs in at just over 150 pages, in 6×9 inch format, with full-colour illustrations by Jeshields and a gorgeous wrap round cover by Jon Hodgson.
It will come in three formats.
- A Digital Pdf – fully bookmarked with hyperlinked page references.
- A Print on Demand version, fulfilled by DriveThruRpg.com
- A Printed version, with sewn pages, endpapers and a ribbon. Sent directly from me in the UK to you, postage payable after the campaign via my website.
This book contains the following chapters.
- Characters. Use a points allocation or random system to generate motivated characters capable of going on fantastic and thrilling adventures.
- Equipment. This chapter deals with the tools of the adventuring trade. Things like weapons, armour and general gear such as rope, backpacks and transport costs.
- Rules. In this chapter, the system’s workhorse, the D100 Skill Test, is explained in its basic and opposed versions. There is also a section of Spot Rules for common adventuring situations.
- Combat. This subset of the rules looks at what happens when blades are drawn and used in anger.
- Magic. This chapter details a single magic system that every player character uses.
- Creatures. Monsters and animals to populate your adventures.
Gods and Goddesses. To use either as patrons for the characters or religions for them to join.
The campaign’s around 5x funded but only has 4 days left to go.