Funforge is running a Monumental Kickstarter campaign. That describes both the name of the game as well as is an accurate description of what the game encompasses. It's not just your standard 4x civilization board game, but it also brings in deck-building mechanics as well. If there's a mechanic you like in those types of games, it's probably in here.
From the campaign:
Monumental is a next generation civilization game with a mix of innovative mechanics taking the best of the deckbuilding and 4X games.
Playing from 1 to 4 players, raise your empire, develop various knowledges and build majestic wonders while exploring and conquering the known world to emerge as the most dominant civilization of all time.
- Civilization deck-building game
- Easy to learn but hard to master with a progressive learning curve
- Experience hundreds of potential combos
- Unique “cross-tapping” game mechanic
- Modular board with hex-shaped tiles for infinite replayability
- Play solo or up to 4 players • 90-120 minutes
The campaign is far and away over its funding goal with 20 days still on the clock.