Do you spend every day hunting down the latest in tabletop gaming news? Do you plan your weekends around board gaming? Are you reading this post right now on Tabletop Gaming News (your favorite tabletop news website)? If so, you might be interested to know we are hiring! Check after the break for all the fabulous details!
What’s the job?
We’re looking to bring on an entry level Associate Editor who lives in or around the Alpharetta, GA. area. This is an office position, so you will need to come in Monday-Fridays. The Associate Editor will assist in content generation and acquisition. Content includes daily news posts, reviews, interviews, and more. Some convention travel will be required. This is a paid position.
Who do we need?
To work for TGN, you must be at least 18. Candidates need to be available throughout the week, and weekend work is often required (when news breaks, during conventions, etc.). Associate editors will have the opportunity to attend various conventions, including Origins, Gen Con, AdeptiCon, and others.
You'll also need:
- An extensive knowledge of and passion for the tabletop game industry
- A strong work ethic
- A positive attitude
- Previous experience writing for the web
- A fun, upbeat writing voice
- Experience with self-editing
How do you apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Email subject line: "Re: TGN's Associate Editor Position - "
- City and State
- Email address
- Phone number
- Skype name
- Tabletop gaming experience
- Cover letter describing why you're the right person for this position
- Previous work experience
- Links to or attached files of previous writing work
- Two sample news posts (original and limited to 400 words each)
- Post about a recently launched Kickstarter project
- Post about a recently announced/released game
- Sample review of your favorite tabletop game (original and limited to 800 words)
Please have your applications to us by June 5, 2015. We will review applicants and contact you if we are interested in early June. Thank you!