Free League Publishing has announced the launch of “Urban Operations”, the first expansion to the new edition of RPG classic “Twilight: 2000”. The expansion pack is now available in physical boxed set format, as a PDF, and as a full content module for the Foundry Virtual Tabletop (VTT).
In addition to the physical copy, purchasers can secure a 60% discount on the VTT module if they pre-ordered the print edition or if they order both formats together. As of today, “Urban Operations” is also available on DrivethruRPG.
“Urban Operations” is a grand modular expansion that enhances the gaming experience in urban environments. Drawing loose inspiration from the classic module “Free City of Krakow” from the first edition of “Twilight: 2000 RPG”, this expansion is designed for compatibility with any city environment.
The new pack incorporates fresh combat and travel rules for urban landscapes, close quarters fighting, new factions for player characters to interact with, and new scenario sites to explore. It also presents a new plot concept, facilitating the creation of longer story arcs. Two sample towns, Krakow and Karlsborg, are vividly described in text and maps.
The contents of the boxed set include:
- A 96-page book brimming with new rules and game content.
- 16 new encounter cards suitable for any town or city.
- 10 modular battle maps for urban settings.
- 4 modular battle maps for close quarters combat.
- 4 scenario site battle maps, including two for close combat quarters.
- 54 battle map tokens for debris, sandbags, floor level indicators, blocks, and breaches.
- A double-sided full-color city travel map for the towns of Krakow and Karlsborg.
- A double-sided full-color battle map for the Wawel castle in Krakow and Karlsborg Fortress.
“Twilight: 2000”, in its retro-apocalyptic edition, has been awarded Best Roleplaying Game at UKGE 2022. This RPG immerses players in an open-world scenario set amidst the desolation of World War III, harking back to the game’s original roots.