It’s that time of the year again. Enrico Nardini reports on 5 CMON staff members and their gaming resolutions for 2015 (in no particular order).
5. Jonathan Phillips-Bradford (CMON Video Producer) – So many games, so little time. This year I plan to get more time to do some war gaming and roleplaying. The first thing I need to do is finally paint my Brood army for Dark Age. I have two separate Brood armies fully assembled sitting on my desk and staring at me with looks of neglect. They have sat there unpainted for almost a year now. I am also greatly looking forward to the release of Wrath of Kings, so it is definitely on my list of resolutions to get involved in the local gaming community and play in Wrath of Kings tournaments with my soon to be awesome Teknes army. On the roleplaying side of things I would like to finish my Marvel Heroics Roleplaying campaign, were Marvel heroes are stuck in the Arkham Asylum from the DC universe. My gaming group has been playing this campaign on and off for several months now but hasn’t had much time to get together recently due to the holidays. I can’t wait to see how Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Wasp are going to deal with Scarecrow! Last but not least, I must somehow obtain my dream of owning a Geek Chic table. I am not sure how I will be able to afford one but a boy can dream can’t he?
4. Jen Haley (CMON Creative Director) – Modeling and painting related resolutions are at the top of my list. I will be taking better care of my brushes this year. My worries will be focused less on mold lines and more about contrast and color. I will settle less often for ‘looks good enough,” and I will spend more time on my personal projects.
3. Jason “Polar Bear” Koepp (TGN Editor in Chief & Managing Editor Ravage Magazine US) – I want to actually play games… just kidding. I do play games, but I definitely want to play more games. I especially need to make more gaming time at my friendly local game store (FLGS). Star Wars: Armada is looking great. I’d like to get into an Armada group at my FLGS.
2. Jared Millar (Editor in Chief, Ravage Magazine US) – Is it really 2015 already? Last year went by so fast, and I still have all of these games I haven’t played. In fact, as I sit here typing this, I can look over a see a big pile of boxes, still shrink wrapped from the day of their purchase in 2014. I’ve got board games like The Witcher, Dead of Winter, and Imperial Assault, dice games like Mars Attacks, and RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition just sitting here (and that’s only naming a few of the many). My gaming resolution this year is to actually take the time (somehow) and play the games I buy. I also want to paint an army for Wrath of Kings. I’ve only painted one miniature before, so it will be interesting doing a whole playable army. Oh yeah, I should also figure out a better storage solution than a pile. Besides those three things, I want to keep having fun with the hobby and try some games I might have missed from years gone by. Best of luck with your gaming and non-gaming resolutions!
1. Ray Rappaport (CMON Convention Coordinator) – Sadly I find that I only paint when I am around others. For me, it is more a social activity than a personal activity.
To this end, in 2014 I started a social painting group that was intended to meet monthly. We met 5 times from July through December. My gaming resolution for 2015 is to not only paint socially once a month minimum but also to paint the equivalent of 1 figure a week!
More gaming and painting topped our list. What are my gaming resolutions? Fear not true believers, I’ll be sharing my personal list in due time (and before next month). Until then, you can share your gaming resolutions with me in the comments below!