2070 . It sounds like it might be far off, but there's plenty of people alive now that will be alive then as well. Heck, I might be, if medical science keeps up a bit and some luck with my genetics. But, no doubt, it will be a different world that we have now. And it's one that you'll explore in 2070, a new cooperative graphic adventure novel game that's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The world has changed from the one we know today. We have made alien contact, cyborgs walk among us, but the threat of secret organizations bent on controlling the world is as old as time itself. In 2070 you belong to an elite team, hired to protect the Solax Corporation and its top secret experiments.
You are contracted to solve a treacherous theft, and while your group is the best there is, the clock is ticking. Assemble your team, and race to save the day, traveling through the backdrop of a vibrant futuristic Italy. Can you return the stolen goods in time?
In 2070 teamwork is critical: you will overcome obstacles, solve puzzles and meet challenges as a unit or in solo game play. Everyone wins or loses together!
- The game includes: Contents: Four (4) 96 page softcover books, 1 Map, 1 deck of objectives, 3 punch board sheets with 52 tokens, and markers.
- Puzzles: 2070 includes a number of challenging puzzles to solve to catch the criminals!
- Streamlined setup: As with all GNA games, setup is minimal. With everything you need to play included in the box, you’re up and running in minutes!
- Multiplayer or Solo: 2070 can be enjoyed with up to four players, or solo.
- Semi Cooperative: While you can only win if the mission succeeds, each player has their own secret objective. Each character has several to choose from at the start of every game.
The campaign's around 3/4 of the way to its goal with 14 days left to go.