Warm Acre is having an auction to raise funds for Help for Heroes. From their announcement: As well as running a wargames company, I'm associated with the cadet movement in the U.K., and I deal wit
Warm Acre is having an auction to raise funds for Help for Heroes. From their announcement:
As well as running a wargames company, I'm associated with the cadet movement in the U.K., and I deal with many ex-forces personnel, and also many kids that will join the armed forces (or already have). Many of these will or have needed the support that Help for Heroes gives, and I would like to help out in whatever small way I can. To support the Help for Heroes charity in the U.K., we have decided to auction copies of our game Hour of Glory through eBay, using their donation option, and will be pledging 50% to Help for Heroes. I'm not sure how well this will work, but I hope that many of you will support us.
To make your bid, please go here. For every bid we receive, we will send a second chance offer once the auction has finished (as per eBay rules for multiple items). So not only will many of you be able to get the Hour of Glory game at a cheaper price than normal, 50% of each sale will go to Help for Heroes. Help for Heroes' five Key Messages...
For more information about this charity, please go to: helpforheroes.org.uk.
- It's about 'the blokes': those men and women of our Armed Forces who have been wounded in the service of our country since 9/11.
- H4H provides direct, practical support for our wounded. We fund projects and initiatives that make a real difference to the lives of our wounded heroes.
- We do not seek to criticize or be political. We just want to help, and we work closely with the Army, Navy and RAF to provide support where it is most needed.
- 'Money in, money out'. We spend all that we get, and all our admin costs are covered by selling H4H merchandise through Help for Heroes Trading.
- It's about doing your bit, no matter how big or small. Every fundraiser is special to us and can make a real difference, so please keep going.