The Generic Universal Role-Playing System (aka - GURPS) is at it again. This time around, they're bringing you Girl Genius, the hugely popular comic series, straight to your tabletop. The project blending sci-fi, romance, adventure, and more is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game brings the world of Phil and Kaja Foglio's Girl Genius comics and graphic novels to your gaming table.
This book's lavishly illustrated contents include:
- A detailed description of the setting and its history that draws upon all available sources . . . compiled with input from the creators themselves, meaning these pages reveal some secrets for the first time!
- A complete roleplaying game covering character creation, equipment, combat, and dramatic situations and tasks – including Sparky inventing, of course! To play, just add paper, pencils, and six-sided dice.
- Biographies and character sheets for all the major characters and many minor ones, plus notes on supporting cast.
- Game stats for a wide range of clanks, constructs, and other creatures unique to Girl Genius.
- Tons of helpful advice on establishing mood, accurately emulating the comics, and running and playing the game.
The campaign's more than 4x funded with 18 days left to go.