I love cyberpunk settings. Honestly, it's one of my favorite overall settings for media. But I haven't had much of a chance to RP in it. But that could soon change with Carbon 2185, a new cyberpunk RPG that's up on Kickstarter now from Dragon Turtle Games.
From the campaign:
Play as a Cyberpunk, a rebel refusing to live life by the rules of the oppressive megacorporations that rule San Francisco in this high action tabletop roleplaying game by Dragon Turtle Games. Carbon 2185 gives you the chance to play in the cyberpunk worlds you've seen in movies, television shows, and video games. The Core Rulebook is the only thing you need to run and play hundreds of hours of games in the world of Carbon 2185, and to enjoy our upcoming line of adventure modules, heists, and tales of corporate espionage using this innovative game system.
Carbon 2185 is a brand new tabletop roleplaying game built using the D&D 5e open game license, with all the magic, magical items, and fantasy elements removed, and replaced with cybernetic augmentations, upgradable and customisable weapons, and computer hacking skills.
The Core Rulebook contains everything a Player needs to play the game, including:
- Character Origins! Your Origins define who you are, and what you're good at. Were you raised in a Corporation Orphanage, or are you just a Regular Joe going about their normal life? Carbon 2185 has a choice of seven different Origins, with over 10 SubOrigins.
- Background generation! Carbon 2185 has a fluid, dice based background generation to determine your age, life experiences, skill proficiencies, and wealth upon starting the game.
- Equipment, vehicles, accommodation! We have pages and pages of content so you can create whatever character you want.
- Classes! There are six brand new classes to choose from! From the tough heavy weapons expert the Daimyo who shoots her way to her next meal, to the tech savy Hacker who uses software exploits to overcome their foes and environment, we have every cyberpunk class you can imagine.
- Subclasses! Each class has AT LEAST three subclasses for further customisation, such as the Hacker's Robomancer subclass that comes with a Robotic dog, or drone companion!
The campaign is far and away above its funding goal with still 20 days left to go.