ELO Darkness is a new MOBA-style board game from Reggie Games. In it, players take control of a team of 5 heroes and look to invade their opponent’s territory, destroying control towers as they go along. The game uses a unique card-driven mechanic for the gameplay. The deck consists of the various hero cards, as well as action cards to supplement your hero’s attacks. Push on, get to the enemy base, and destroy it to win.
From the campaign:
ELO Darkness is a new strategic player vs player (or team vs team) boardgame which combines the depth of the card-driven mechanics with the theme of a 3-Lane MOBA Arena.
The game aims to be a completely new tabletop perspective on MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) videogame genre with a complex and engaging mechanism, that gives the player control over the outcome of his actions and which relies on strategy and tough decision making at every turn.
Key features of the game:
• Unique ‘Roaming mechanic’ which links the hand management decisions with the strategy on a 3-Lane map.
• Multi-purpose Hero cards which players can use to farm gold, draw new cards from their deck as well as during combat, to increase the Influence on a Lane.
• Simultaneous action selection and deep card synergies.
• Draft system and deck/team building. Customize your own deck and take control of 5 unique Heroes, each one with its own role and abilities.
• Variable distances on the map. When the towers get destroyed the Lane becomes shorter making it easier to “come back” into the game. A player feels to be on the game until the last Challenge.
The Kickstarter campaign is up and running now. It’s about 1/3 of the way to its goal with still 27 days left to go.