From the campaign:
Motes and Beams is the perfect combination of fun, Mormon culture, and Doctrine. Playing this game has lead to discussions about how Ryan Gosling was raised LDS, why there are always Cheerios in church couches, and Ammon's bag of arms. An in-depth knowledge of LDS Doctrine is not necessary to enjoy Motes and Beams.
1) To begin each player draws 10 Motes (white cards) The player who has most recently performed a good deed is called to be the Judge.
2) The Judge selects a Beam (blue card) to read aloud.
3) Players submit Motes face down to complete or answer the Beam.
4) The Judge picks the Mote(s) they like the most. Whomever submitted the winning Mote(s) is bestowed one Blessing.
5) Players replenish Motes and the person sitting to the right of the Judge is called upon to become the new Judge.
6) The game continues until someone has 10 Blessings and is deemed the winner.
The Kickstarter campaign is up and running now. It's set to go for another 25 days.