Military History Fest coming to Chicagoland
Military History Fest
will be coming to the Chicago area on February 18-20, 2011.
From their announcement:
The popular annual historical convention Re-enactor Fest has teamed up with Osprey Publishing, W. Britain and Casemate Publishing to bring Chicagoland a more dynamic and exciting convention—Military History Fest! Whether you are a historical re-enactor, a wargamer, a toy soldier collector, a military antiques enthusiast or just a history buff in general, Military History Fest has something for you!
A variety of seminars and events during the weekend will be geared-toward miniature wargamers:
- Throughout the weekend, Shawn Carpenter from Ambush Alley Games will be demonstrating the updated & revised rules for the Force on Force system of modern miniature wargaming (to be published by Osprey in April)
- On Saturday there will be a wargaming room with the following games:
- A 15mm Iraq game featuring a large urban battlefield, USMC versus Iraqi insurgents/regulars
- 28mm Guadalcanal set in the jungle featuring the 1st USMC Division versus the IJN 5th Special Naval Landing Force
- A 1:100 scale Battle of Britain game using gorgeous English countryside gameboard and diecast aircraft
Each game will run from 10:30 – 1:00 and be repeated from 2:00 – 5:00; they will be based on Force on Force rules
Shawn Carpenter will also be giving a seminar on miniature wargaming from 10:00 to 11:00 AM on Saturday
While he is in town, Shawn Carpenter, who is based in Enid, Oklahoma, will be leading demo nights for the Force on Force rules at Unique Games & Gifts in Grayslake, IL on Thursday February 17th and at Games-Plus in Mount Prospect, IL on Friday February 18th.
Both events will get underway at 7PM. Refreshments will be served and door prizes from Osprey will be available to participants.
For additional information please contact:
Mike Bollow, Director of Military History Fest, Reenactorfest@aol.com (630) 336-2614 or
John Tintera, Sales & Marketing Director at Osprey Publishing
John.email@example.com (908) 265-6148