The Kickstarter campaign for Mantic’s fantasy skirmish game, Kings of War: Vanguard, starts tomorrow. But if you know me, you know that I like to know what I’m buying before I put my money down for it. The folks over at Mantic feel that you should also know what you’re getting into before you put your money down. And so, they’ve posted up the Alpha rules for the game online. You can download them now, read them over, and if the game is for you, pledge tomorrow to get yourself a set.
From the announcement:
Kings of War Vanguard is a two-player miniatures game that’s played on a 3ft by 3ft battlefield using a new range of high quality miniatures.
• FANTASY SKIRMISH RULES – take command of a crack team of elite fighters, including captains, support units, weapons experts, along with grunts and warriors to overwhelm the opposition
• IN-DEPTH CAMPAIGN SYSTEM – track the progress of your key members to earn experience and gain new abilities or improved stats
• FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH KINGS OF WARS – use the incredibly detailed, dynamic miniatures from Vanguard as the heroes or elite troops in your Kings of War army
• 3D SCENERY – use Mantic’s new range of pre-assembled, plastic TerrainCrate scenery to bring your skirmishes to life, and with lots of different scenarios to play, every battle will look – and play – differently
• INNOVATIVE RULES – issue special commands in the heat of battle with the unique Power Dice abilities, and gather your troops with the Group Actions
• EQUIP YOUR FIGHTERS – ahead of the fight, choose from a range of equipment to improve the abilities of your characters, or unlock new and more powerful abilities during campaign play