From the release:
SpecOps missions. Prisoner rescues. Data retrieval. Ambush the enemy, sabotage his equipment and installations. Completing your mission is critical; any casualties are acceptable.
Close Quarters: Skirmish, based on our boardgame of the same name, is a fast-paced SciFi miniatures game of small-scale combat operations, suitable for 15mm to 28mm figure scales. Each model represents an individual trooper, vehicle, or crewed weapon; game sizes can range from 12 to 50-60 models (a reinforced platoon of infantry, or a cross attached armored or airborne company), and last from 45 minutes up to a couple of hours.
During each game turn, players activate a variable number of models in one of four segments (couplets) in an effort to complete each mission’s objectives – or to prevent their opponent from completing his. The game includes:
• Easy to play game mechanics, with most functions resolved by the roll of a single die.
• Basic rules for infantry, support weapons, vehicles, crewed weapons, and indirect fire (including off-board artillery)
• 22 optional rules for players wanting a more detailed or varied game
• Dozens of weapons, troop attributes, and vehicle systems to choose from
• Field officers, NCOs, snipers, hackers, sappers, MBTs, tank destroyers, IFVs, VTOLs, antitank guns, power armor troopers, and a number of possibilities for some very non-human opponents
• 11 standard scenarios that scale in both table size and number of game turns depending on the forces chosen for use by each player
• A campaign game system that allows your men to improve over the course of the conflict
• Complete rules for creating and fielding forces of your own design
• Four pre-generated forces, representing human and alien factions in the late 25th century, along with TO&E and unit stats for each
• Two playable sample campaign game forces
• Blank, edit-enabled troop/vehicle and campaign game roster PDF forms
• All necessary game markers, templates, and charts
Whether your mission takes place in an industrial complex, in the open field, or within the confines of a starship’s corridors, Close Quarters: Skirmish places the success or failure of each mission into the most capable hands: yours.
96pp PDF; $9.50US. Softcover print version available late March/early May; $29.95US (est).