About the new edition:
Here is a summary of some of the changes to both rules and components that are being made in Eclipse: Second Dawn for the Galaxy
- Discoveries can be claimed without placing an Influence Disc when*:
- - *Exploring and placing a new hex.
- - *Destroying all Ancient(s) / Guardian / GCDS in a hex at the end of Combat Phase.
- The first player to pass receives 2 Money.
- Game lasts only 8 rounds.
- One Influence action may not be used in the same hex twice.
- If you have Diplomatic relations with another player, you may move through his empty hexes (ie. hexes without a Ship). If you have Ships in another player’s hex at the end of your action, it is considered an attack.
- Player elimination when all discs and Ships removed from the board: same as bankruptcy.
- Balancing to the starting ship blueprints as well as starting resources.
- Changes to starting technologies.
- Revisions to base game hexes.
- Additional outpost hexes which were first introduced in RotA as Ancient Homeworlds.
- Galactic Center has significant changes.
- Minor changes in prices.
- Inclusion of Rare tech tiles.
Ship pack 1 comes in the base game, new miniatures for Orbital, Monolith, Ancients, Guardians, and GCDS.
- All dice are custom with hit and miss iconography.
- Additional 6 blue dice.
The campaign's already up and over its funding goal with still 19 days left to go.