The next in the “board games of famous video games” line will be coming from IDW Games with Metal Gear Solid: The Board Game. IDW has announced an upcoming pre-order for the game, including three exclusive miniatures that you’ll only get if you jump in early. No word yet on if the box lid will be big enough to hide under.
From the announcement:
Metal Gear Solid: The Boardgame, a fully co-operative, sandbox, stealth game. Over a dozen missions and more than 10 all-new VR missions.
Designed by Emerson Matsuuchi (designer of the Century game series, Reef, and Specter Ops), Metal Gear Solid: The Board Game is a fully cooperative, miniatures board game. You take on the roles of Solid Snake, Meryl Silverburgh, Dr. Hal “Otacon” Emmerich, and Gray Fox the Cyborg Ninja. You’ll need to use their unique skill sets to avoid detection as you complete objectives across multiple campaign scenarios.
Unique features of the game include:
- Fully co-operative, sandbox, stealth game play
- Beautifully sculpted, and highly detailed miniatures of the members of Fox Hound and Solid Snake and his allies
- 1 oversized Metal Gear Rex mini
- Over a dozen missions that retell the story of Metal Gear Solid and more than 10 all-new VR missions
- 8 unique and challenging boss encounters
- 20 Modular map times allows you to build your own scenarios
Day 1 Edition pre-orders will include three exclusive minis you won’t be able to get after the preorder closes: Hind D helicopter, the Tank, and one figure to be revealed later.
Dust off your cardboard boxes and visit Shadow Moses again. Relive your favorite moments with a fresh new experience in Metal Gear Solid: The Board Game!