BlitzkriegCommander II released
Specialist Military Publishing have released the updated BlitzkriegCommander II rules.
From their website:
BlitzkriegCommander II is a new version of the game, not just another re-print like the previous versions. BlitzkriegCommander has been brought into line with the improvements made in both Cold War Commander and Future War Commander:
1. Added Visibility, Air Superiority, Terrain, Spotter Aircraft, Counter Battery Fire and Tactical Doctrine
2. Troops may now carry out any action during the initiative phase. Counter-initiative has been replaced with counter-fire. Initiative distance is based on tactical doctrine. Troops use their move distance when assaulting the enemy.
3. Command units that are knocked-out can be replaced. Command blunders have been changed. The CO can attempt to issue orders to units that failed to receive orders by an HQ.
4. Refined the rules for troops firing over other units. Opportunity fire is now a core rule. Troops using opportunity fire may not use their initiative next turn and are subject to a -1 command penalty, rather than rolling for suppression once they have fired. Mortars must now carry out a deploy action between moving and firing, and firing then moving.
5. Clarified the cover definitions.
6. Artillery deviation is based on the distance between the FAO and the target. Added spotter aircraft. Modified the artillery support blunder. Artillery bonus changed to ignore the deviation roll, rather than halve the deviation distance. Artillery and mortars using indirect fire now cause hits against fully-armoured vehicles. On-table artillery is now limited to using direct fire and is under the command of the CO and HQs, rather FAOs. Requests can now be made against a scheduled target (called a registered target).
7. Artillery deviation is based on the distance between the FAC and the target. Modified the air support blunder. Air support bonus changed to ignore the deviation roll, rather than halve the deviation distance. Requests can now be made against a scheduled target (called a registered target).
8. The combat phase has been replaced with Close Assault.
9. Enemy units must use opportunity fire against engineers, rather than use counter-initiative.
10. Changed the way victory points are calculated.
11. Troops in defence are no longer automatically dug-in at the start of the game.