The worlds of the digital and the real are merging more and more every day. Hell, I “work online.” Most of us have little devices in our pockets that are what just 20 years ago would be considered supercomputers. It’s only natural that this blending happens in the gaming world, too. Andrana Project is a Social Deduction game (think Werewolf) where players are assigned a secret character that they must keep secret while trying to deduce who the other players are. The game is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Andrana Project is a social deduction game for groups of 4 to 12 players. It is set in 2067, a future where there are 2 opposing sides: The World Federation and The Neoluddites.
– The game has two opposing teams: the Neoluddites and the World Federation.
– Each player will be assigned a random and unique character, who has unique actions in the game.
– Players have to hide their character while trying to detect which other players are on their team and which are not.
– Everything is registered. There will be rankings that you can filter by friends, city, country, and global.
– You can unlock achievements based on your match history. Unlock all of them!
The game’s around 1/5 of the way to their goal with still 20 days left to go.