The comeback for Alkemy continues. The skirmish game is on the road to recovery, a road which passes through another Kickstarter campaign. Alchemist Miniatures has announced they will be running a new Kickstarter campaign in order to create new box sets designed to help new players get into the game, including 2-player starters, faction starters, and “blitz starters” that have everything you need to get going right away with the game.
From the announcement:
Alchemist-Miniatures team has the project to launch a second crowfunding project via Kickstarter after the summer holidays, in order to finance:
– A basic box to start Alkemy
– Packaging of starters, blitz lists and individual blisters
– New products to be delivered in 2018 for the birthday of the 10th anniversary of Alkemy, including a miniature sculpted by one of the original sculptor…
Our project started at the end of 2013, our objective was that Alkemy could be sold again in store. To achieve this goal we have passed several stages:
– Acquisition of Alkemy license
– Design a new game format named “Alkemy Blitz” (180 points)
– Relaunch the French community
– Create 2 new factions (Naashti and Utopia): funding by first Kickstarter in 2015.
– To distribute the game through by a store network.
This last step requires a second investment and that is why we will solicit you financially by this second Kickstarter.
Passing through a distribution network means that we produce a packaging and this entails additional costs.
We will present our offer to:
– Create a basic box that will allow to have “all in one” to play with friends, family, club… This one will not address to all the current players because they possess all elements to play Alkemy. The box will take up existing miniatures from the Khaliman Republic and Jade of Triad factions. This box will address new players who will be able to discover the game, and have all the game elements to start playing Alkemy.
– Create starter boxes for one faction
– Create “Blitz list” boxes (A starter without having to spend for the game elements that the player already owns). The faction boxes will address players who want to go further in the game by discovering new factions, new game strategies, or collecting the miniatures of their favorite faction
– The unit sales of blister-size miniatures will allow players to vary the miniatures played and optimize their game strategy, or to complete their collection.
This packaging represents design costs:
– Printing of different box formats
Create game sceneries and mats included in the base box
– Creating the design concept (illustration)
– Printing sceneries
– Playmat in poster form
Translation of the game DE
– We are going to have a partnership with a German distributor to distribute Alkemy in the German-speaking countries
– Relook all our profile cards in GB and DE
We don’t forget players who have supported us since the beginning of our project. The Kickstarter will be able to edit new miniatures.
Here is a first look at a new concept: the knowledge collector for the sub-faction of Cobra Guard.