Being a GM is tough. You've got to create an entire world out there for the players to adventure around in. Having resources to help is definitely a must. That's where Wondrous Expeditions: Forests comes in. It's a system-neutral guide to building encounters in the wooded areas of the world. The supplement is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The Wondrous Expeditions books are designed to make wilderness explorations easier, more fun, and exciting. Blossoming with imaginative, system-neutral content that is like a super-food for game masters, you will confidently bring the environment to life in great detail and atmosphere so it is an integral part of the story.
The contents of this book will help you make the journey into the adventure itself.
- Describe scenes in great detail with evocative content such as wilderness terrain features, unique landmarks, sights, sounds, smells, flora, and fauna.
- Challenge your players using the environment such as geological hazards, boons, weather, and much more.
- Make the journey really matter with refreshing encounter ideas, twists, and hooks that make time, navigation, foraging, and survival become meaningful decisions for your players.
- Comprehensive lore on temperate forests and other types as well as fantastical new creations such as a Haunted Grove, Antediluvian Forest, and Fey Wildwoods.
- Vividly described terrain features/landmarks with optional gameplay rules to make your GM life easier and make journeys wondrous and memorable.
- Tons of new wildlife/creatures, both big and small, indigenous to their natural surroundings, including thrilling new monsters.
System Neutral: The majority of this book's contents are written system neutral and without rules. In a few cases where it is very hard to make the contents 100% system neutral, we lean towards 5e rules.
The campaign is more than 2x funded with 28 days left to go.