WizKids has a new board game they're working on that takes place in one of the most iconic locations in the Forgotten Realms. It's Dungeons & Dragons: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Players head through Undermountain in search of treasure. Will you make it out alive? WizKids is offering both a standard and a deluxe version of the game.
From the website:
In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinth dungeon known as Undermountain, domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak, who has seeded his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries.
As an adventurer in Dungeons & Dragons: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage board game, explore Undermountain in search for treasure while navigating numerous traps and ominous monsters.
- 42 Single-Colored Miniatures
- 5 Hero Tiles
- 4 Villain Tiles
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 Adventure Book
- 20-sided Die
- 40 Interlocking Dungeon Tiles
- 5 Double-sized Interlocking Special Tiles
- 225 Cards
- Over 300 Tokens
*Contents subject to change.
- Players can now get to level 4 with their characters and gain even more powers!
- Environment cards that get replaced when a new Environment card is drawn.
- Bane/Boon cards – some effects will cause a draw of these cards, telling you to resolve their bane or boon effect.
Following in the path of the other critically-acclaimed D&D board games, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage features multiple scenarios, challenging quests and game play designed for a single player or a cooperative group of 2-5 players. The Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Adventure System Board Game features new Environment and Bane/Boon cards, as well as the Trap and Spell decks that premiered in Tomb of Annihilation, for even more exciting game play content!