Gary Gygax. His name is synonymous with Dungeons & Dragons and just our whole gaming culture in general. Apparently, geekiness runs in the Gygax family as Ernie and Luke Gygax, Gary's sons, have made their own open adventure for 5th Edition called The Lost City of Gaxmoor. This sandbox adventure book for players level 1-10 is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The Lost City of Gaxmoor 5E is a sandbox adventure we are converting to the 5th Edition of the world's most popular role playing game. Designed for characters that range from 1st to 10th level. It is the brain child of and written by Ernie and Luke Gygax, the sons of the legendary co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons Gary Gygax. If this campaign is successful, The Lost City of Gaxmoor 5E will be released in a Full Color, 128+ page book that includes a fold out map of the city that retails for $39.99.
The Lost City of Gaxmoor includes the following:
- 59 Fully Developed Encounter Areas outside the city walls
- 70 Fully Developed Encounter Areas inside the city walls
- The Labyrinth beneath the city proper
- 70 Magical Statues, Pools and Areas of Interests fully developed for campaign play
- an overarching objective for those who desire campaign style play
- over a dozen maps of all the relevant areas
- NPCs and Areas of Refuge
- New Monsters
- New Magic Items
GAXMOOR, IT CAN BE SO MUCH MORE
If our goal is reached, we hope to add stretch rewards that include the Undercaverns of Gaxmoor, terrain building material from Fat Dragon Games and more. And hopefully, if things go very well, we'll begin adding new encounters areas, statues and NPCs.
The campaign's more than 3x funded with 28 days left to go.