The Carnival's in town. Or, should I say, the Carnivals are in in town. Seems that more than one have showed up, and now they're competing to see who will attract the most customers. That's your goal in The Grand Carnival, new tile-laying, resource management game that's up on Kickstarter.
From the campaign:
Ladies and gentlemen, step right up - the carnival is coming to town! In The Grand Carnival, players compete to create the most impressive carnival this town has ever seen. You'll need to carefully plan your carnival's layout, build attractions, hire staff, and manage the crowds, all while learning a few tricks of the trade.
The Grand Carnival is an action-selection, tile and polyomino placement game with some unique twists. While individual turns are quick and accessible for new players, the overall strategy is deep and rewarding for even the most seasoned gamer.
- Plan carefully - Design your carnival, selecting where attractions can be built and where your guests can walk. Only the polyominoes you plan for will have space in your carnival, requiring you to think several turns ahead.
- Race for resources - Attractions, tiles, guests, even carnival staff are all in limited supply. If you see one that fits your carnival, don't wait too long to claim it.
- Learn new tricks - Powerful abilities allow you to bend the rules in meaningful ways, but be sure to master them before your opponents.
- Easy to learn - The Grand Carnival is good family fun that is easy to teach and quick to play. Watch our video overview or check out the draft rules.
- A variety of strategies - Will you focus on building attractions, collecting tickets, or moving guests? With multiple pathways to victory, there is no "right way" to win.
- Fantastic new art - Ryan Goldsberry, the artist behind Getaway Driver, Paperback, and Burgle Bros (among others) has brought the unique look of 1930s cartoons to life.
- NEW: Solo Mode - Even if you are the only carnival to show up in town, you'll still be working to earn the title.
The campaign's up and over its funding goal with 14 days left to go.