The world has collapsed in on itself. Seems the hollow core couldn't quite take it anymore. As everything got crushed and destroyed, only one thing was left unscathed: the city of Talos. Now, the leaders of the various races are seeking this one haven out, wanting to find a new place for their people to live. But with resources scarce, and the terrain entirely new and different, it won't be easy. That's the world you find yourself in in Talos: Collapse, a new board game that's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Talos: Collapse is a turn based strategy RPG for 2-4 players (up to 5 players with the expansion) that takes place in the fantasy world of Talos.
The world has collapsed and the Races inhabiting it strive to survive. You are a Leader that undertakes a vital task – to save your people and bring it to the only remaining safe place – the City of Talos. However, the world is not what it used to be… You will get to explore mysterious places, fight blood-thirsty strange creatures, and submerge completely into fascinating adventures the world of Talos has prepared for you. The game offers multiple situations that will make sure you’ll want to recall and discuss them many times long after the game is finished.
- Virtually no downtime due to the possibility to lead several simultaneous battles by each of the players.
- Combination of different classes, biographical skills, and races create an extremely high variability right from the start of the game.
- Tactics-based battles where the result doesn’t come from a lucky roll of the dice.
- Manameter – universal counter of leader’s character points and mana deposit
- Asymmetric Races and multiple development directions for each of them.
- Complete immersion into the unique action-packed world, full of formidable enemies in each of the 7 worlds.
The campaign's up and running now with 23 days left to go.