Sure, playing an Elf, Tiefling, Human, or Dragonborn is pretty cool, but in a fantasy setting, there could and should be so many more races to potentially play as. Well, if you've been wanting a new race for a character you've been thinking of, you might just find it in Tales of Arcana. It's got over 200 playable races for your games. The book is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The Tales of Arcana® 5E Race Guide features over 200 5E playable races for use as player or non-player characters in your 5E (5th Edition) campaigns. The majority of these races were designed by Chris S. Sims, one of the original 5E rules designers.
- There are over 200 new 5E compatible races, including vampires, ghosts, and elementals.
- Each race entry has a full color male and female illustration.
- Flying mechanics that don't restrict class options.
- Rules design by Chris S. Sims (Dungeons & Dragons, Starfinder), lore by Matt Knicl (Magic: the Gathering), editing by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes (Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: the Gathering), graphic design by Sebastián Koziner (Legend of the Five Rings) and cover illustration by Miguel Regodón Harkness (Pathfinder).
- Instructions on how to modify races to create your own variant races.
- Lore entries developing Arcana's history, cosmology, organizations, nations, and other tidbits that can be used to augment your future campaigns.
- Artist credit on the page where the artwork appears.
The campaign's up and over its funding goal, but there's only 5 days left to get ino n the action.