Having one kind of magic at your disposal is nice and all... but why not have a lot more? Fateforge players will be happy to know that there's new Spellcaster's Guide available for the game. It includes new schools of magic like Geomagic, and just a whole ton of new spells that you can cast. Pick up your copy now.
From the release:
"Fateforge, Epic tales in the world of Eana for 5th Edition. A love letter to Sword & Sorcery and the world's greatest RPG, from the team behind Shadows of Esteren, the most awarded French RPG."
The Spellcaster’s Guide is the companion of the Player’s Guide. It details magic in the world of Eana.
- Schools of magic. Not all forms of magic can be practiced freely. Some schools, in particular the mind-bending enchantment school, are often illegal.
- Geomagic. Eana’s magic is changeable, manifesting through effects that affect entire areas and alter the abilities of spellcasters. In the Spellcaster’s Guide, you will find five of the sixteen geomagics presented in Grimoire. Each one is associated with a particular atmosphere through a modular icon, making these phenomena an active part of the story you want to tell.
- Corruption. Canker is one of the greatest enemies adventurers will have to fight. It grows and thrives in the Netherworld, and spreads to Eana through varied means and avenues. Contact with the fluids of Cankerous creatures or the use of corrupt spells can result in corruption, leading to the slow decay of the victim’s body and mind, though with the benefit of dreadful powers, including unique feats. The complete effects and related rules are covered in Grimoire, which details the fearsome, unnatural boons and drawbacks resulting from permanent corruption.
- Spell Compendium. Discover a new way to use the spell compendium through the modular system, which lets you fine-tune the inner workings of magic in accordance with what would be suited to your campaign, or even to a particular one of its locations or scenarios. This section provides a list of several spells, which include exclusive options and are all beautifully presented in the manner of illuminated medieval manuscripts.
- Appendices. The Spellcaster’s Guide’s appendices include: a glossary of the key notions and concepts of supernatural elements in the world of Eana; a panorama of the various rules available throughout Adventurers and Grimoire, sorted by atmosphere (gritty, dark fantasy, mystery, etc.); and a catalog of common potions.