Solo gaming really came into its own over the last couple years as players found themselves unable to go out. And it's looking like it's here to stay. But what if you're not entirely sure how to GM your own solo RPG sessions? Well, Modiphius is here to help. They've created the Solo Game Master's Guide and are taking pre-orders now.
From the website:
Create immersive solo RPG experiences with this dedicated guide from the acclaimed host of the Geek Gamers YouTube channel. This long-awaited solo GM guide is a crash course in solo storytelling: a toolkit to help your solo sessions shine as brightly as hers do.
Over the 170+ pages of this full-colour royal-sized (15.6cm x 23.4cm) hardback book, you’ll discover:
- System-neutral tricks for wondering “what happens next?”
- How to avoid the dreaded ‘yes/no’ dead end (and making oracles work for you)
- The biggest mistake most new GMs make… and what to do instead
- The 10 mindsets of a successful solo GM
- 70+ pages of essential random tables
- Step-by-step examples of soloing many popular rule sets including Achtung! Cthulhu, Scarlet Heroes, Index Card RPG, Mutant Crawl Classics, and the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game–along with the principles that make these sessions work.