Shardhunters is a new card game that's up on Kickstarter now. It's been designed from the ground up to be easy and accessible to new gamers, while still having a depth of play and strategy to keep veterans engaged. Play hunters and monsters, looking to battle against your opponents while recruiting only the best heroes for your own side.
From the campaign:
Learn the super easy rules within a few minutes and master the tactics while you play. Fight hordes of undead Monsters, collect Bloodshards, recruit the right Heroes and make powerful skill combos! Be cunning and try to outsmart your friends with unexpected moves. But don’t ever forget, you are not the only strategist in the party!
Here’s how we keep the gameplay flowing:
- All actions happen simultaneously so you'll never have to wait for the other players.
- There's no handicap for new players, the game is easy to learn and because 7 Monster cards are always out of the game, players can't tell what's in their opponents' hands by memorizing the cards that were previously played in a Hunt.
- There's no stealing in this game. In Shardhunters as soon as you have a Monster, a Hero or a Bloodshard it is yours alone and nobody can take it from you.
- We're keeping it simple so you can enjoy the game and the time with your friends. With only 2 active Heroes allowed per player, you don't have to remember a thousand things at once. What matters for you is your cards plus a handful of Hero abilities that can also alter other players' gameplay (e.g. reducing the value of all yellow cards in play)
- You can't drop out of the game, everyone will be in play until somebody wins.
- Monster cards are completely language independent.
The campaign is about 3/5 of the way to its goal with still 36 days to go.