The first RPG that I ever played is getting itself a new edition as well as a new starter set to go with it. Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will have everything you need to get into the hacking, fighting, and rust-tech world. They've posted up a preview, as well as a FAQ of what you can expect.
From them to you:
- Talsorian Games has announced an August 1, 2019 release for the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit, a boxed set containing everything players need to start playing Cyberpunk Red, the newest edition of the original tabletop roleplaying game of the Dark Future.
Set in the years between the classic tabletop roleplaying game Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyberpunk 2077, the upcoming AAA video game from CD Projekt Red, the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit is the perfect entry point for gamers new to tabletop gaming as well as veterans who want to learn how the game’s rules and world have evolved.
Inside the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit box, players will find:
- A lore and adventure book detailing the world of Cyberpunk Red. Also included is a full, ready to play scenario and “Screamsheets”, a combination of in-universe news story and game information which players can use to create new adventures.
- A rulebook containing the essential rules needed to play the game, engage in frenetic combat, and hack their way through digital networks. The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit uses a new version of R. Talsorian Games’ original Interlock game engine.
- Six pregenerated characters: the Fixer, the Netrunner, the Nomad, the Rocker, the Solo, and the Tech. Each character comes ready to play but can be further customized using an abbreviated version of the famous Cyberpunk Lifepath system.
- Four maps to help players visualize their environments, from hard streets to glittering nightclubs.
- Six dice: two ten-sided dice and four six-sided dice.
- And more!
Designed by award winning game designer Mike Pondsmith, creator of the Cyberpunk universe, the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit remains true to the gritty roots of the original while serving as a gateway to the future of the line. R. Talsorian Games is proud to offer this entry-level product to the gaming community and is confident those who use the Jumpstart Kit to explore the Dark Future will go on to explore the game and world deeper via the Cyberpunk Red core rulebook, due out later in 2019.
The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will make its debut at Gen Con 2019 in Indianapolis on August 1st and will be for sale there at booth 1852. It will also be available as a digital download, minus the dice, via DriveThruRPG.com on the same day. Physical copies of the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will be available via the R. Talsorian Games webstore and through retailers shortly afterwards.