If you're a fan of supernatural horror and adventure, you'll want to check out Night Shift. It's a new RPG that puts you in control of characters fighting off the supernatural in an altered form of our everyday world. Just when you thought it was safe to head to the mall, you find it infested with vampires. That high school dance is the target of a werewolf. Elves and other Fae are subtly working their way through politics for their own gain. You can check out this new game up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Debuting the new Elf Lair Games house system, O.G.R.E.S., Night Shift is an urban fantasy, horror, and dark modern supernatural game that uses old-school mechanics derived from the original, basic, expert, and advanced versions of the World's Most Famous Role Playing Game. It allows you to mimic all the tropes of just about any film, TV series, or novels you like.
All of the following are possible with Night Shift:
- Cheerleaders that are chosen to slay vampires, granted with extranormal powers to accomplish their destiny;
- Sisters imbued with the power of chosen witches;
- Worlds where Fae of all manner battle in the politics of light and dark;
- The great-grandniece of a famous gunslinger inherits the legacy of the demon hunter;
- A world where two brothers armed with knowledge and weapons hunt the supernatural in their father's name;
- And more!
Night Shift is built to handle just about any sort of urban fantasy you can dream up, using the tropes of classic horror-based television, motion pictures, comics, and novels.
Designed by industry veterans Jason Vey and Timothy Brannan, whose names have appeared in such products as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ghosts of Albion, Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space, C.J. Carella's WitchCraft, All Flesh Must be Eaten!, Nightbane, Amazing Adventures, Castles & Crusades and more, this game brings together two noted designers with decades of combined experience.
The campaign's a little more than halfway to their goal with still 24 days to go.