We're just a day away from my favorite month: Orktober! Games Workshop is wasting no time at all. They've already got a new Battletome for Age of Sigmar available to order for the green brutes (sure, they're calling them "Orruk"s now, but I'm not falling for it) up on their website. Oh, and if you want some puny oomies, they've also got Cities of Sigmar. And, as usual, there's different bundles and editions if you're into that kind of things.
With a mighty cry of ‘Waaagh!’, the warclans of the orruks shake the Mortal Realms to their core.
In the Mortal Realms, there are those who fight for justice, those who fight for glory, and those who fight to serve the wills of their all powerful gods. Orruks, on the other hand, fight for nothing but the sheer brutal fun of it! Sound appealing? Then Battletome: Orruk Warclans is for you! In this 104-page hardback battletome, you’ll find a complete guide to the vast and brutal warclans of the Orruks – the dead ‘ard Ironjawz, and the tribalistic, savage Bonesplitterz. You'll discover the brutal (and often hilarious) history of the greenskins in the Mortal Realms, and their twin-headed god, Gorkamorka, illustrated with rich art that brings their world to life.
Meanwhile, a set of allegiance abilities allow you to field your Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz models on the tabletop with powerful faction rules of their own that let you master their distinct strategies and ways of war on the tabletop. You can even combine your armies into one massive Big Waaagh! – a combined horde of Orruks with faction rules representing the devastating magical energy created by such a destructive gathering! Warscroll battalions, magical spells, command traits, artefacts and more give you a vast degree of choice for customising your collection – from monstrous cavalcades to armoured hordes, you'll have loads of choice as to how your army looks. What’s more, the book contains painting tips and different colour schemes to inspire your collection, as well as bespoke missions and Path to Glory rules that are perfect for organising your first battles with your Orruk horde.
This book contains:
- Armies of the Waaagh! – rules for fielding your Orruk Warclans army in games of Age of Sigmar, Ironjawz allegiance abilities, including a table of battle traits, two command trait tables, two artefacts of power tables, a mount trait table, a Warchanter Warbeats table, and the Lore of the Weird spell table
- Background, abilities, command abilities, command traits and artefacts of power for each of the following warclans: Ironsunz, Bloodtoofs, and Da Choppas
- A battleplan which epitomises the way the Ironjawz wage war. Includes objectives for both sides, deployment map, special rules, and victory conditions
- Bonesplitterz allegiance abilities, including a list of battle traits, two command trait tables, two artefacts of power tables, and the Lore of the Savage Beast spell table
- Background, abilities, command abilities, command traits and artefacts of power for each of the following warclans: Bonegrinz, Icebone, and Drakkfoot
- A battleplan which epitomises the way the Bonesplitterz wage war. Includes objectives for both sides, deployment map, special rules, and victory conditions
- Big Waaagh! allegiance abilities, including a list of battle traits, command abilities, and a variety of other allegiance abilities
- Path to Glory campaigns – rules for creating a Orruk Warclans warband for Path to Glory. Includes Champion Rewards Table, and Followers Rewards Tables
- 12 warscroll battalions for fielding different combinations of models
- 19 warscrolls
- Pitched Battle Profiles for all units featured in this battletome, including min/max unit sizes, points values and battlefield roles
The Cities of Sigmar are blazing strongholds of light and hope amidst the deadly wilds of the Mortal Realms.
Battletome: Cities of Sigmar is your guide to the mightiest bastions of Order in the mortal realms – and the grand armies of humans, aelves and duardins that bravely fight to defend them. Inside, you'll discover just what life is like for the Mortal Realms’ “ordinary” inhabitants – the countless sub-cultures, guilds and tribal groups that band together to fight for Sigmar and the pantheon of Order. Rich art, lore and seven short stories penned by renowned Black Library author Josh Reynolds bring the world of the Cities of Sigmar to life.
Meanwhile, a vast set of allegiance abilities and faction rules allow you to field powerful combined forces of Order units themed around the seven most famous Cities of Sigmar. Perhaps you’ll harness the myriad war machines of the Greywater Fastness, or field a rapid-strike force from Tempest’s Eye – the choice is yours, and with warscroll battalions, artefacts and dozens of warscrolls to choose from, the possibilities are endless. What’s more, you'll find loads of top painting tips, colour schemes, bespoke missions, Path to Glory rules and more – this is the ultimate resource for any Cities of Sigmar collector!
This 128-page hardback book contains:
- A history of how the Cities of Sigmar were founded, including guides to the seven greatest metropolises in the realms
- Seven thrilling stories penned by renowned Black Library author Josh Reynolds
- Tips for collecting Cities of Sigmar Citadel miniatures and rules that allow you to fight battles with them on the tabletop
- 54 warscrolls representing the citizenry of the Cities of Sigmar – humans, aelves and duardin alike
- Allegiance abilities that bestow a wide selection of battle traits, command traits, artefacts of power and unique spell lores upon your Cities of Sigmar collection
- A battleplan representing the heroic efforts of a Cities of Sigmar army to relieve an ally besieged by the forces of darkness
- Rules themed around the seven most famous Cities of Sigmar, as well as a powerful warscroll battalion for each city