The wreck of a massive ship, sent from an advanced civilization, has been found. Different adventurers, research teams, and more have tried to investigate the area, but none have been ever heard from again. What's going on inside the massive hull? That's up to you to find out in Testament, a new cooperative card game from Japanime games. It's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Testament is a cooperative monster-battle board game for 1-4 players designed by Yasushi 'Kuro' Kuroda, creator of Unicornus Knights, The Ravens of Thri Sahashri, and Alicematic Heroes. Testament features tactical combat, challenging boss fights, and deep character customization and is known for its punishing difficulty and deep reliance on teamwork.
- A cooperative monster-battle board game for 1-4 players developed by veteran designer Kuro.
- Create your own hero by choosing from 4 distinct playable characters and assigning them unique combat abilities from an available 42 Skill cards.
- Battle 80 enemy types across 6 stages and square off against a massive boss at the end of each stage.
- Engage in a combat system that has multiple decision points and emphasizes team coordination, skill synergy, and cunning tactics.
- Play one-off scenarios or one larger campaign complete with character-leveling.
- Survive the game's deadly foes!
- Indulge in breathtaking artwork from over 30 Japanese artists including Iro and Kokozu.
Testament is a fully cooperative board game that features tactical combat, intense boss battles, and engaging character customization. Taking inspiration from MMORPGs, and in particular Final Fantasy XIV, Testament’s core design is built around the “holy trinity” system found in such games, which emphasizes party combat roles like tanks, damage-dealers, and healers/support characters.
The campaign's already really close to its funding goal with 15 days left to go.