I am, by a wide margin, one of the worst basketball players ever. It's pitiful. I can't shoot. I really don't understand defense and fouling in the game at all. I can only kinda dribble. So, out on the streets, I'd get my butt handed to me. The only way I could have a chance to win a game of basketball is if I played Hoop Godz. That's a lot more my arena. This new basketball game is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Hoop Godz is a 2 player head-to-head street basketball board game that brings the skill, tension, excitement and competition of the sport to your tabletop! It requires strategic decision making as you move your players around the court and manage your team's energy with the unique JUICE system. Actions on the court lead to real-time dice battles to determine who comes out on top.
- Approachable mechanics for non-basketball and b-ball fans alike
- Non-stop action from start to finish in under 45 minutes per game
- Combines strategy and intensity in a highly thematic experience
- Lots of replay value with 12 fierce ballers with unique skills
- Accessible game variant for players unable to roll dice in real-time
The campaign's making its way to 2x funded with 17 days to go.