If there's one thing players want with their characters, it's more options. Especially if they're in a certain land or campaign and they can get things that make that adventure better. That's where the Grim and the Wicked Player's Guide comes in. It's designed to be used with the Grim and the Wicked campaign (as one would expect). There's new races, new archetypes, new classes, and tons more. The book is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
After the successful Kickstarter funding of the Fifth Edition Grim and the Wicked campaign in August 2018, one of the most common questions sent to us has been, "will there be a players' guide?" During that campaign, we had always planned to release the guide as a stretch goal, however, we didn't reach the level of funding required to unlock it.
Now, we're asking for your help to bring the Grim and the Wicked Players' Guide to life!
For nearly three years, we've worked on putting together and testing the Players' Guide. For those that watch the GeoQuester Gaming Twitch streams, many of the things you'll find in the Players' Guide have only been available to those players, until now. Here's a break down of what's in the 256-page Fifth Edition Dungeons & Dragons book:
- Additional standard race subraces.
- 7 new character races (including: the giantkin, as played by Tebo in Return of the Wraithborne and Mint in Blood of the Crown; the soulforged, as played by Lo4Life in Beast Pits of Ravenna; and the pactborn, as played by EraserTX in Beast Pits of Ravenna and HawkEye in Blood of the Crown)
- 6 new archetypes per character class (including: Circle of the Twilight Grove druid archetype, as played by Rob2e in Return of the Wraithborne)
- 2 new base character classes: the gunslinger and the witch, includes additional archetypes, witch hexes, and gunslinger exploits
- Dozens of feats, proficiencies, and character options.
- 4 new styles of magic usable by players: blood magic, ritual magic, rune magic, and tattoo magic (as played by SusieQ in Return of the Wraithborne)
- Hundreds of new spells!
- New magic item attunement options (as seen on Delvers' Society, Season 2).
- Hundreds of new items, including gear, magic items, and cursed items.
The campaign is up and running now. It's set to go for another 35 days.