Games. Most of them are competitive in nature. And where you have competition, you're going to have tournaments where players want to find out who's the best. If you're a fan of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game and you are wanting to hold some tourneys, then the Matched Play Guide is for you. It's got all sorts of scenarios and matched play rules for your games. And even if you don't play tourneys, you can still get a whole host of new scenarios to try out.
Forge World is taking pre-orders for this book, along with a bunch of 40k waterslide transfers or the Emperor's Children, White Scars, and Dark Angels.
From the website:
This book is an absolute must-have for players who enjoy Matched Play games of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game, as well as for event organisers who run Matched Play events.
This 48-page supplement includes:
- Recommended Tournament Style: Guidance for running events, aimed at delivering the best possible tournament experience.
- Scenario Pool System: Introduces a scenario pooling system for the game, designed to ensure that your tournament will be balanced by the type of scenarios being played.
- Matched Play Scenarios: Scenario rules for 24 Matched Play scenarios – 12 of which are new and exclusive to this book, including...
- Doubles Event Scenarios: Advice and rules for running a Matched Play Doubles event, along with six new scenarios specifically designed for use in Doubles games.
- Campaign Events: Contains rules and advice for running Campaign events, where players are grouped by faction, and can participate as a team against the other factions at the event for control of Middle-earth!
- Additional Rules: Supplemental rules that event organisers can introduce to add variety to their events, including using Major and Minor victories, escalation events, using secret objectives and more.
You will need a copy of Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game rules manual in order to use the contents of this expansion.