I love Elvis ever since I was a little kid, hearing him on oldies radio in the car. I also tend to play a lot of bards, and each one owes at least some to the King's legacy. Well, now, I can get even more hip-swivel and lip-curl into my game with Elvismancer, a new RPG zine that's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
What if Elvis impersonation isn't just a weird entertainment niche, but a full-fledged magical tradition? Even if he never cracked a grimoire or drew a magic circle, few could argue that Elvis cast a powerful spell over the world with his music, and he's still a cultural icon nearly half a century after his death. Is it that much of a stretch to believe that it's possible to find, to paraphrase Mojo Nixon, perfect peace and harmony through Elvisness?
The zine provides everything you need to use Elvismancy in your game, including:
- Ritual tools, materials, and practices of Elvismancy
- Elvis-based schools and secret societies, like the Knights in Gold Lame', The Kings of Vegas, and the Society of Evil Elvi
- Elvismancy spells like Suspicious Minds, All Shook Up, and Transport Via Velvet
- Information about Heartbreak Hotel, an interdimensional safe house where Elvi of all nations, creeds, and realities can lay low and talk shop when they're not TCB
- Elvis-related American Artifacts
- Dumb Tables about Elvis
The zine is written to be as system and setting agnostic as possible and can be used with any RPG setting that includes both magic and Elvis. Where game mechanics are necessary, the easily-adaptable QAGS Second Edition game system will be used.
The campaign is up and running now with 13 days left to go.