<whoop whoop whoop>
Giant robot alert! We have giant robot alert! (someday I want to turn that into a T-shirt) Anyway, today we've got some more giant robots to show off, and they're rather nostalgic robots for me, in-particular, since we're headed to the world of BattleTech and Mechwarrior. Catalyst Game Labs is showing off the contents of the upcoming Clan Invasion box, headed to Kickstarter next week.
From the post:
At the heart of the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is the Clan Invasion boxed set, an expansion to the bestselling BattleTech Beginner Box and A Game of Armored Combat boxed sets. Ready for a sneak peek?
One copy of the Clan Invasion box will be included for all backers at the $50 pledge level; additional copies can be purchased for $50 each as add-on items.
Here is what’s inside:
- Five high-quality plastic miniatures – the reimagined Executioner, Timber Wolf, Nova, Grendel, and Adder OmniMechs;
- Two dice, exactly like those in A Game of Armored Combat;
- A 16-page Clan Primer, in the style of the BattleTech primer included with the recent box sets, but focused on the Clans;
- A Clan Rulebook, expanding on the A Game of Armored Combat rulebook and introducing new rules for the Clans, their OmniMechs, and the high-powered weapons they wield;
- A booklet of record sheets
- A 24-page novella featuring an all-new story told from the Clan point-of-view;
- Five pilot cards and five Alpha Strike cards, each double-sided;
- A revised reference card, updated with the rules and stats for Clan units;
- Two double-sided mapsheets featuring all-new battlefields;
- One sheet of die-cut, punch out cardboard playing pieces representing each of the five OmniMechs in the box, along with terrain from the mapsheets.
The BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter goes live next Wednesday, July 17 at 1 p.m. Eastern / 10 a.m. Pacific!