I've been living in apartment for a long time now, but I did used to have a house out in Kansas when I lived there. So, I definitely know what it's like trying to maintain a lawn, especially in autumn when it seems there's a billion leaves just coming out of nowhere. But trying to keep up with yard work and maintenance is the name of the game in Upkeep, a new board game that's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
In Upkeep, your perfect and beautiful yard is being bombarded with unusual Autumn weather. The stormy chaos is impacting the entire neighborhood, and each of your neighbors are struggling to cope. Together or alone, and despite of the stormy weather, you intend do whatever it takes to return your yard to it's former glory.
Play with a group of friends, alone or cooperatively in this engaging and fun puzzle engine building game. Upkeep combines beautiful artwork with a variety of mechanics to help you enjoy:
- Very little downtime. All players play at the same time.
- Easily controlled difficulty. Enjoy anything from Casual to Intense by adding or removing storms and calm weather cards.
- 4 Unique and beautifully rendered yards provide variety to the eye and the game play.
- Unique mechanics allow players to have their own distinct pattern of falling leaves, while still providing a balanced and strategic game flow.
- A Special Casual (Cooperative) mode provides for a simpler game play for causal or players as young as 5-6 years old.
The campaign's about 2/3 of the way to its goal with 24 days left to go.