Tabletop Gaming News is always interested in adding banners from advertisers from the tabletop gaming industry. Please note that we do not take ads from companies, or for products, not associated with tabletop gaming. Our aim is to provide focused ads that our readers will be interested in reading and exploring.
Tabletop Gaming News can bring your advertising message to an estimated 65,000 unique visitors each month.
There are three advertising areas on TGN: Side Towers, Top Banner, and News Feed.
1. The Side Tower ad spaces are purchased exclusively each month and are generally under long-term, recurring contract. Feel free to ask, however, if a Tower Banner may be coming available, but be aware that it is fairly rare that these become so.
2. The single banner at the top of each page on TGN and banner space can be purchased at a rate of $10 US per month for an unlimited number of impressions. These rates are only for that top banner space.
You can run up to three banners in a campaign but those three banners will all share the same “pool” of impressions. You can also set different weights for each banner to modify the frequency that they appear.
Changing ads in our system is quite easy and we recommend that advertisers change their ads as often as they can to keep a fresh message and visuals in front of readers.
Currently an single factor ad is seen approximately 2,500 times in a month, making the cost per impression very affordable. TGN does not sell ad campaigns by the impression, so the amount of traffic the site generates only increases the times your ad is viewed and doesn’t incur additional costs or end your campaign early.
You can increase the frequency of an ad by purchasing additional factors (commonly referred to as “weight”) for an ad. Each factor costs an additional $10 US per month. So an ad with a weight of 1 will be $10/month, whereas an ad with a weight of 3 will be $30/month. Each factor increase the number of impressions that the ad generates each month.
The probability that an ad will be seen is based on two factors: The amount of “weight” for the particular campaign and the overall “weight” in rotation at the time. As campaigns come and go, the overall weight load changes for the ad space. When setting up an account, we can tell you about how many times a certain ad weight will be seen. If you have any questions about probability of your ad being seen, be sure to ask.
The Top Banner ad space can display banners up to 728 x 90 in size and can display different sizes in the same space. So if you have banners you already run on another site we can easily accommodate them as long as they are no larger than 728 x 90.
3. The News Feed ad space is great if you want to catch reader’s attention for a sale or a Kickstarter campaign or so forth. This banner is just below the topmost story on the page. The space goes for $400 per month and is limited to a maximum of 3 advertisers at a time. No individual weight is purchased. All advertisers in this spot receive equal weight. So at worst, an ad here will be seen 33% of the time when the site loads (though much of the time you an ad is the only one scheduled, or only 2 are running at once, increasing the amount of time your ad is seen). This space is 300×250 in size.
We can use Flash banners on the site, but a non-Flash version must be provided as well (for users who aren’t able to view Flash items). If you are thinking of supplying a Flash based ad please check out this tutorial for the required code to allow us to track impressions and click through on your Flash banner.
Ad sizes should be kept to approximately 100K or less.
We can handle multiple concurrent campaigns as well as concurrent campaigns that run in general rotation on the site as well as targeted campaigns.
When you advertise on the site all campaign statistics are sent to you via email every week in a format that can be conveniently used in Excel.
Ad purchases of 6 months will be discounted at 10% of the total cost and purchases of 12 or more months will be discounted 15% of the total cost.
We use PayPal for invoicing and ad payment. We are able to provide links to Paypal subscriptions so that advertisers can pay for their ad buys on a monthly basis. These multi-month ad subscription purchases are not discounted.
Payment for a new campaign is due before your ad will be placed into rotation. We will verify with you that payment has been made and that your banner has been placed in with the rest on the site.
For more information, please email [email protected] to setup your advertising account.
Having the following information will really help speed the process along:
1. The name and e-mail address of the main contact for the ad (the Paypal invoice and ad reports will go to this person).
2. The start and end date for the campaign (or indicate you’d like to run indefinitely with an auto-recurring profile).
3. The amount of weight on the ad.
4. The URL you want the ad to point to.
5. A copy of the banner(s) you want to use.
Thanks for your interest in advertising on TGN!