Just about all of us wish we had some form of super power. Maybe it’s super speed, or flight, or heat-vision, or weather control. Whatever it might be, heading out and fighting crime with our powers (or perhaps being a super villain) isn’t really something we can do. But we can all live vicariously through RPGs. One such, Super Powers Unleashed, that uses the Savage Worlds system, is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Designed entirely around the Savage Worlds system from Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Super Powers Unleashed not only gives you an extensive set of power rules for creating your own comic book roleplaying series, but also maintains the fundamentals of Savage Worlds, focusing on ease of play and fast, furious fun.
Some of what you’ll find within the book:
– Series and setting creation rules. Choose the power level and tone of your series, which directly effects how powerful your heroes are at the beginning of Issue #1, and also determines beginning Bennies and how long injuries take to heal.
– Over 100 ready-made super-powers that can be customized with special effects and limitations.
– Full super-science invention rules.
– Super team rules, including team based Hindrances and Edges. Expand your team and send the roster on missions which might help or hinder your characters in the main story.
– A comprehensive chapter on designing and running comic book style stories at the table.
– Collateral damage rules. Use the environment to avoid taking personal injury, but doing so could have negative consequences on the story.