The Society of Ancients have announced that issue 267 of Slingshot has been sent to the printers.
From their announcement:
The latest issue of Slingshot (number 267, November 2009), the bi-monthly publication of the Society of Ancients, has (finally, once again) gone to the printers; given the holiday season it may not arrive with subscribers until early January.
This issue is 60 pages long, not including the cover pages. It’s published in the same format introduced with issue 258.
The contents of Slingshot 267 are as follows. For games articles, I’ve indicated the relevant rule set where it’s not immediately obvious from the title; with historical articles I’ve tried to indicate period if a similar issue applies.
• Mercenary Genitors in the 1470s, by Duncan Head
• Constantius II, Ammianus, and the Big Parade, Part 3, by Jim Sye
• The Gladius vs. the Sarissa – The Battle of Heraclea 280BC, by Jeff Champion
• The Battle of Pydna, by Richard Taylor
• Battle of the Year: the Decisive Victory over Varus, by Robert Heiligers
• AMW’s Lost Battles I – Marathon, 490BC, by Graham Evans
• Combining ‘Empire’ and ‘Lost Battles’, by Philip Sabin
• Army Choice in DBA – The English DBA Open 2009, by Martin Smith
• Results of Legion 2009 DBA Tournament, by Martin Smith
• Welsh DBA Open Championship, January 31st 2009, by Martin Smith
• [ Armati ] AD 9 – “Give Me Back My Legions”, by Mark Fry
• Clash of Iron, Flash of Bronze: FoG Ancients Campaign rules, by Christopher Webber
• Games Reviews, by Christopher Webber
• Book Reviews, by Robert Heiligers & Mark Watson
Note that 2010 subscriptions are available from the website ; a postal membership form is included with 2010 and should also shortly be available from the website. 2009 memberships will shortly be unavailable (though 2009 back issue sets will be orderable; note that July’s issue is in fairly short supply so complete sets of 2009 will not be available for long).