Shield of Baal: Deathstorm set coming from Games Workshop
Games Workshop has started taking orders for a new Warhammer 40k starter set, Shield of Baal: Deathstorm. This set pits Blood Angels vs. the ravenous hordes of the Tyranids on the planet Phodia.
The set is priced at $125, which isn’t too bad considering the models included inside the set, such as a Dreadnaught and a Carnifex. That price becomes even better if you and a friend decide to split the cost.
One interesting note, though, are the bases. In-particular, the Brood Lord comes on an oval base, and the Space Marines come on 32mm bases.
Also, 32mm bases are available to pre-order from GW’s shop as well.
From the website:
The planet of Phodia is under direct assault from the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Sent on a desperate mission to stop the encroaching menace before it reaches their homeworld, the Blood Angels Strike Force Deathstorm will have to earn its victory in blood.
Shield of Baal: Deathstorm contains the Blood Angels Strike Force Deathstorm, and the Tyranids’ Phodian Annihilation Swarm. The Blood Angels are led by Captain Karlaen – a brand new Space Marine Terminator Captain, whilst the Tyranids are led by The Spawn of Cryptus – a brand new Tyranid Broodlord model. Both of these miniatures are currently only available in this set.
Also included is a 40-page campaign supplement containing:
– the Fate of Phodia: the story of the desperate and violent battle between the Blood Angels Strike Force Deathstorm and the Tyranid bio-horrors of the Phodian Annihilation Swarm
– a set of three themed missions that enable you to re-enact the pivotal engagements of the Deathstorm Campaign
– full rules for Captain Karlaen of the Blood Angels 1st Company, the Broodlord known as the Spawn of Cryptus, and all of the units contained in the box
– complete lists of all of the Blood Angels wargear and Tyranid weapons and biomorphs needed to play through this campaign
– descriptions of the Tyranids special rules and psychic powers used in Deathstorm
– a handy reference page that makes it easy to find the rules whilst playing games.
Also includes a small-format paperback copy of Warhammer 40,000: The Rules featuring an exclusive Blood Angels cover.
This box set contains 25 Citadel miniatures, including: 1 Blood Angels Terminator Captain, 1 Furioso Dreadnaught, 5 Death Company Space Marines, 5 Space Marine Terminators, 1 Broodlord, 8 Genestealers, 3 Tyranid Warriors and 1 Carnifex. It also includes a Deathstorm transfer sheet, 1 Dreadnaught Base, 6 x 40mm Round Bases, 5 x 32mm Round Bases, 9 x 25mm Round Bases, 3 x 50mm Round Bases, 1 x 105mm Oval Base and 1 x 75mm Oval Base.
Please note, this product is available while stocks last and we expect it to sell out fast.