Huzzahcon is only a short time away. Pre-registration is now open. Go get in on the action!
From the announcement:
Just want to send out an update that pre-registration for Huzzah! 2012 is now open! Huzzah! has become one of New England’s premier historical miniature wargaming conventions and the 2012 convention is being held the weekend of May 4th, 5th and 6th. With over 70 games and tournaments scheduled for the weekend the time to act is now! Please visit the registration site to sign up for the games you want to play before they all fill up.
Games and Speakers
With over 70 events scheduled for the weekend, a terrific lineup of historical miniatures, board games, and tournaments.
The event hotel, Fireside Inn and Suites, is nearing capacity for room reservations so if you want to have the convenience of parking the car when you arrive and staying onsite, call them to make arrangements before its too late. The special room rate of $69 will be ending soon. Mention Huzzah! when you call to obtain the discounted rate. If you prefer to play live action Frogger crossing the street, there is a Super 8 and Motel 6 with lower rates.
· Ancients gaming has expanded for Huzzah! 2012 and begins Friday with a Basic Impetus tournament, and we have a Warrior Ancients Tournament all day on Saturday.
· The Flames of War tournament is now all weekend long. Gordon of Adler Hobbies has been working on the terrain and the rules and it looks like a cool twist on the usual tournament format.
· The MHWA club invitational game is A Boxer Summer, which will run on Saturday night. Join us for an exciting recreation of the Siege of the Legations in Peking during that hot, dusty summer of 1900. This game will feature a wonderful recreation of the various legations; the prototype of which can be viewed on our website. This will be a great game, lots of fun!
· MHWA is excited to share that Gordon of Adler Hobbies will be running a Tabletop Terrain contest at Huzzah! 2012. This is a fun way to promote and reward game masters who put so much time and energy, and money, into their tabletops!
· Over 70 games in the PEL, you can check them out here
We have assembled a terrific group of vendors offering attendees a wide variety of miniatures, terrain, books, rules, painting services, and much more. If you can stay with us long enough to game, you should at least visit with us and shop with the vendors!
Dozens of awesome prizes will be won by lucky bidders at our ticket auction this year. “Five gets you Ten” is what we say. $5 gets you ten tickets, which you can distribute into the baskets of the prizes you wish to win. Many of the prizes will be drawn for just between game sessions, but some prizes will run all weekend. Bid as often as you like up to the time of drawing. Proceeds help the MHWA pay for Huzzah!, with the balance of the proceeds going to our club effort to start student gaming clubs.
This lobster pot style helmet, donated by Richard Claydon of Boston Trained Bands, is truly cool, and one club will take it home to hold for a year. The New England club earning the most points (registered attendees, game masters, distance to club location, painting contest winners, and “best of” winners) will have their name and the year engraved on the helmet, and hold it until next year’s convention. Learn more about the Huzzah! Helm .
Sunday we will host the flea market and registered attendees are welcome to bring their figs, games, etc to buy, sell and swap. All attendees are welcome to shop.
More, more, more!
I have to wrap this up or I’d keep typing. Huzzah! is going to offer a terrific weekend of gaming. Please, plan to join us for a day, or for the weekend. Support the historical wargaming industry in New England. Bring new people into the hobby. Visit with old friends, and make new ones. Join us for Huzzah!
Registrations will be accepted at the door, but why wait? Get yourself into the games you want to play before the games are full.