Well, we’ve made it through Monday and are now hip-deep into Tuesday. I know many of you are waiting with baited breath for 3pm EDT to show up (I.E. – just an hour from this posting) as that’s when Massive Darkness will launch on Kickstarter (don’t worry, Pray For Mojo, we know you’re not interested in it 😉 ). To kill off that hour (and to help make the rest of the week go by), we’ve got our Podcast Roundup here so you can drown out your coworker’s radio with some gaming talk.
This week we have: Game Classy 115: How to Gold Press Your Latinum, Plaid Hat Games Podcast Episode 204: Juice and Conventions, Man Battlestations Podcast Episode 7, Geeks of the North Episode 30 – Gamers’ Vault 2.0, News of the North – 2016-06-07, Polyhedron Collider Cast: UK Games Expo 2016, Blue Peg, Pink Peg Episode 74- Antarctica, The Hub Systems Podcast Episode 20 – Back in Business!, Epic Gaming Night Podcast Ep 57 Kickstarter Games, Singled Out Podcast Episode 6 – Talking Hunters with Sir Paul North, and Guild Ball Tonight Episode 39: Community Chest.
The title was going to be called “An in-depth review of Age of Sigmar’s point system” but people don’t get it when we are doing things ironically. The boys talk about Dungeons and Dragons too.
Hang out before game night with Colby, Brian, Isaac and Alex.
In Episode 7, it’s MBS…IN SPAAACE! Greg and Andy are joined by Josh and Phil from the Firebase Delta podcast to discuss Firestorm Armada, the awesome space naval combat game by Spartan Games. The first segment is a roundtable discussion on all things Firestorm, while the second segment is a full review of the game. In Landlubber’s Musings, Greg discusses space combat as described in several sci-fi book series. For his segment, Andy discusses the Battle of Jutland. He then interviews Seth, who had the privilege to participate in a Jutland commemorative game at the US Naval War College.
In this episode, we have the full crew in. Yes, both Yaum and Steve join us to talk about our weeks in hobby and games and answer the episode’s question. In the main topic, we welcome back Daniel Tatone from Gamers’ Vault to talk about big news for the store. So sit back, relax, grab a paintbrush and enjoy the show!
Welcome to the June 7th, 2016 edition of News of the North. Here’s our weekly selection of interesting news items in the miniature wargaming world.
High on a combination of gaming excitement and caffeinated beverages, the Polyhedron Collider boys record live from the UK Games Expo 2016.
Recorded at the end of the first and third days, we give our initial impressions of every game we can remember playing.
During this weeks episode:
1) The Pegs discuss a few of their recent plays including: Legends of the American Frontier, Dead Man’s Draw (published by Mayday Games, not Crash Games), Animals on Board, My Happy Farm, and more; and
2) All the Pegs review the area control game by Argentum Verlag, Antartica.
Well we’ve been off the air for about 5 weeks, but we’re back now! Kitchens, jobs and exams have kept us away but we hit the ground running with a look at recent Firestorm Armada releases. Enjoy!
Kickstarter Games: We have been playing TI3 & Star Wars Rebellion!
Andrew and Sir Paul talk about the Hunters, and the 8 models He would take to a tournament.
– GBT is on Google Play [3:07] – Additional Gencon events added [3:54] – UK Championships signup June 4 [11:26]
You did what?! [13:29]
– Building tournament rosters (w/ Gabe from TKO) [34:00] – The social contract (w/ Kevin Bryant) [1:08:42]
– Do you think rookies will be younger versions of existing players or something new? (Jon Bucket) [1:25:48] – Version 2 rankings (Ben Redmond) [1:34:20] – What about 50/50s kicking money forward (Hi Alex) [1:43:49] – There is a fire in my house, should I get out? (Dave Fraser) [1:54:10]