From the website:
The 41st Millennium is an age of war and darkness. The Imperium is assailed from all sides, but standing between civilisation and annihilation is a warrior brotherhood. Forged through forgotten science and strengthened by duty and training, they are the Angels of Death – the Space Marines – and they were made for battle. By their heroics does Humanity endure. They are few – there are but a thousand Chapters, numbering a thousand each – yet through bravery, consummate skill and unceasing dedication, they are sufficient. Space Marines launch thunderbolt strikes into the heart of the foe, battling constantly against overwhelming odds to ensure the continued survival of Mankind itself.
Codex: Space Marines is a 208-page hardback containing a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for all Space Marines collectors. Within its pages, you’ll find:
- The Emperor’s Finest: the origin of the Space Marines, with a guide to the original Legions and their successor Chapters, a detailed breakdown of the methods, technology and rituals behind the creation of these superhuman soldiers and an explanation of how their Chapters are organised, with guides to heraldry and markings;
- Imperius Dominatus: an annotated map of the galaxy, showing the full, dreadful extent of the Cicatrix Maledictum’s reach, and the Chapter homeworlds it has cut off;
- A Brotherhood at War: a timeline featuring some of the most important battles and events in the Space Marines’ struggle against the darkness, leading up to the faint glimmer of hope that is the Indomitus Crusade;
- Chronicles of Ultramar: an in-depth guide to the Ultramarines, their homeworld Macragge, the composition of their infamous 2nd Company, a timeline of their heroic history and a brief overview of their successor Chapters;
- Guides to the White Scars, Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Black Templars, Salamanders, Raven Guard and Iron Hands Chapters, with timelines of major battles, as well as descriptions and colour schemes of their successor Chapters;
- Explanations of the fighting forces available to all Space Marine Chapters including heroes, squads, vehicles and special characters.
Also included is an inspiring showcase of beautifully-painted Citadel miniatures, depicting Space Marines of every type doing battle in the colours of each founding Chapter.