I swear, space janitors have the coolest gear. I wish that I could’ve had stuff like this. The best we got were the portable power washer stations with all the different soaps right on them. But I guess if you’re going in to clean up after xenos and heretics and whatnot, some soap and hot water isn’t going to be enough. Games Workshop is taking pre-orders for a whole host of Adeptus Custodes figures, as well as their new codex, over in their webshop.
Oh, and a Primarch. There’s that, too. 😉
From the website:
Codex: Adeptus Custodes contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Adeptus Custodes collectors. Within this 80-page hardback, you’ll find:
– Brotherhood of the Demigods: the history of the Adeptus Custodes, from their formation as the Legio Custodes to their increased visibility and wider role in the campaign against Chaos since the Great Rift;
– Detailed descriptions of their deployment during the Horus Heresy, the civil war ten thousand years ago that tore the Imperium in twain, along with details of their role protecting the Emperor’s Golden Throne;
– Shadows and Alchemy: the process by which Adeptus Custodes are created. along with details of their defence of Terra including an overview of the palace itself;
– Rise of the Primarch: an overview of the Gathering Storm, a series of events that saw the Ultramarines Primarch Roboute Guilliman restored to glory and the Adeptus Custodes being sent to aid the Indomitus Crusade;
– A Host of Heroes: the composition of the Adeptus Custodes, and the manner in which they organise themselves for war – far more loosely than other Imperial organisations, but easily as effective;
– Uniforms and Heraldry: examples for 5 shield companies – the Shadowkeepers, the Aquilan Shield, the Dread Host, the Solar Watch and the Emissaries Imperatus;
– The Solar Fastness: while once the invasion of Terra was unthinkable, since the Great Rift things have changed. This section describes the Adeptus Cusodes’ defence of the Sol System;
– The Tale of Ten Thousand: a timeline of major events in the Adeptus Custodes’ history;
– Background and details on each character and unit available to an Adeptus Custodes army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get an Adeptus Custodes army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 13 datasheets providing rules for every Adeptus Custodes unit and miniature;
– Army abilities reflecting the Adeptus Custodes’ methods of war on the tabletop;
– Armoury of the Adeptus Custodes: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by the Adeptus Custodes;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– Auric Mortalis: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
– 27 unique Stratagems;
– 6 unique Warlord Traits;
– Relics of Terra: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Adeptus Custodes;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.