Wyrd Miniatures have posted details of the events that they will be running at GenCon 2010.
From their announcement:
Gen Con events have been released and registration begins April 11. You can find the most up-to-date information on the Gen Con site. The Gen Con online interface should be available in a few days. In the meantime, if you’d like a more searchable format, High Programmer creates a great website every year.
Wyrd Miniatures will again be providing a Manufacturers Award for the Gen Con painting contest. We’ll be offering first place, second place, and third place for the Wyrd Miniatures categories of Single Miniature, Malifaux Crew, and Diorama, as well as a Grand Prize for the Best of Wyrd. Each person can only win once per category. So start now so we get to see your best work in August. Remember, the 62mm resin Chi-Wyrd-hua zombie pup can only be won in our painting contests.
- First Place (Each Category) – Chi-Wyrd-hua, $75 Wyrd gift certificate
- Second Place (Each Category) – Chi-Wyrd-hua, $50 Wyrd gift certificate
- Third Place (Each Category) – Chi-Wyrd-hua, $25 Wyrd gift certificate
- Grand Prize – Trophy, Malifaux Battle Foam bag
Paint and Take
Wyrd Miniatures is happy to once again be supporting the Miniatures Hobby Events (MHE) at Gen Con 2010 with free product for the Paint and Take, so stop by to claim your mini and support the painting hobby.
Speed Painting Events
You have 45 minutes to paint a Wyrd miniature, and so does everyone else. There will be a different Malifaux mini at each of the 5 preliminary rounds as well as the Malifaux finals round on Sunday.
That’s right. We’re bringing it back for a second year, so be prepared to pick up your drawing at the convention booth and color it in. There will be age brackets for the prizes so that the 6-year-olds don’t put you to shame. Entry fee – $1 or free with any purchase.
Malifaux Rules Demos
Want a detailed demonstration of Malifaux Core Rules or the new Book 2 Rules and a 5-minute booth demo won’t cut it? We’ve got you covered. We’re providing free hour-long demos and play sessions throughout the convention.
Malifaux – Demo
Learn the character-driven skirmish game of Malifaux – the gothic, steampunk, victorian, wild west world full of monsters, necropunks, man-machine hybrids, politicos, and gunslingers. You’ll learn the basics of a 25 Soulstone (SS) Scrap and the strategy of the card mechanics with a Crew provided for you.
- Thu 11:00 am – noon (NMN1009601)
- Thu 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm (NMN1009603)
- Thu 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm (NMN1009604)
- Fri 9:00 am – 10:00 am (NMN1009605)
- Fri 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm (NMN1009606)
- Fri 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm (NMN1009607)
- Sat 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm (NMN1009609)
- Sun 9:00 am – 10:00 am (NMN1009611)
Malifaux – Book 2 Demo
Learn the rules of the just released Henchmen mechanics and practice with the newly-released Crews. Don’t let your enemy win, take a second in command to ensure success.
- Thu 9:00 am – 10:00 am (NMN1009593)
- Thu 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (NMN1009595)
- Fri 10:00 am – 11:00 am (NMN1009596)
- Sat 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (NMN1009598)
- Sun noon – 1:00 pm (NMN1009599)
We’re hosting 4 Malifaux tournaments during the convention, so if you’re looking for a chance to cheat fate, join us. We’ll be giving prizes for 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and best painted Crew. Please note that you must provide a painted Crew (except for miniatures released at Gen Con 2010 which must only be assembled and primered), and we’ll supply the game boards. No proxies allowed. Strategies will be given for each round.
Which Tournament is for me?
We’ve got 4 to choose from, but each will have different rules and experience levels that apply, so pick the one that’s best for you.
- NMN1009582 30 SS Malifaux Book 1 Rules & Book 1 Masters Only
- NMN1009590 35 SS Scrap Malifaux Book 1 & 2 & any Master
- NMN1009591 30 SS Scrap Malifaux Book 1 & 2, Book 2 Masters Only
- NMN1009587 35 SS Scrap Malifaux Book 1 & 2 & any Master
Malifaux – Tournament
Assemble your 30 Soulstone (SS) Scrap Crew and be prepared to stake your claim! (Malifaux book rules only.)
Thu Aug 5 noon – 5:00 pm
Malifaux – All Rules Tournament
This 35 Soulstone (SS) Scrap is your chance to play in the first tournament that includes the new Book 2 rules. (All rules apply.)
Fri Aug 6 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Malifaux – Book 2 Tournament
This 30 Soulstone Scrap will test your ability to get your Henchmen to control your enemies. (Must use Book 2 Masters. All rules apply.)
Sat Aug 7 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Malifaux – Last Scrap
This 35 Soulstone (SS) Scrap is your chance to prove that your Crew, schemes, and strategies are winners. Can you Cheat Fate?(All rules apply.)
Sat Aug 7 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm