Graveyard of Heroes RPG Up On Kickstarter
What legacy will you leave when you die? What will the ages say about you and your life? “He wrote a lot about games and stuff” is probably what mine will be. 😛
Graveyard of Heroes is a new fantasy RPG up on Kickstarter that looks to match the feel of old-school games, but with more modern mechanics. It’s up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Graveyard of Heroes is a pen and paper tabletop fantasy role-playing game in the dark/weird fantasy sub-genre. It was written to invoke the spirit of early RPGs while incorporating more modern game mechanics to improve the flow of the game. This is not a retro-clone nor is it compatible with any other game; however, if you are familiar with older versions of the world’s most popular role-playing game you will be familiar with many of this game’s core concepts.
Features of the game
– Graveyard of Heroes uses a classless character creation system so that players may personalize their heroes in the manner of their choosing.
– A race creation system is included with the game so that game masters can design the playable races that will be allowed in his/her campaign.
– 8 sample non-standard fantasy races are included in the book.
– Character advancement is quest based and is not linked to the number of monsters killed or amount of wealth acquired. This helps prevent parties from degenerating into murder hobos and encourages players to get involved in the story.
– The book has lots of monsters mostly of the pulp, weird or dark fantasy variety. In addition random monster generators are included in the book to aid in the creation of fresh new monsters to throw players off.
– A sample adventure is included in the book
The Kickstarter campaign is up and running now. It’s about 1/5 to its goal with still 30 days on the clock.