Ganesha Games releases ’61-’65 company-level ACW rules
Ganesha Games have released their American Civil War rules, titled ’61-’65.
From their announcement:
‘61-‘65 is a fast play, Company-level American Civil War game based on the popular Song of Blades mechanics. Playable with 40-100 miniatures per side in less than two hours, ‘61-‘65 puts you in command of a Union or Confederate Company, with a Captain and several Lieutenants, Sergeants and Corporals. Send your skirmishers ahead, keep a tight formation and – wait to see the white of your enemy’s eyes before firing your volley.
• Three scenarios included, one for each main period of the War (1861-62, 1863, 1864-65);
• Simple rules that require decision making and encourage keeping a chain of command;
• Playable in any scale, with single based models on optional movement trays;
• Profiles for Officers, NCOs, skirmishers and enlisted men for each major period;
• Easy measuring system, no bookkeeping, minimal amount of markers;
Rules for multiplayer battles and for playing the game as a Song of Drums and Shakos variant with as few as 6 to 15 figures (SDS required);
Optional rules for Cavalry and Artillery;
Quick rules for setting up a table in pickup games;
Sgt. O’Reilly hints on play, formations, combat, and much more….
’61-’65 is a 33 pages, $8 pdf. A printed version will be available soon. Italian language version will be available in a week.